Sparks AYSO Refund Policy
While we recognize that plans change and that it is difficult to know what you will be doing months in advance, we cannot always provide a full refund if you decide that you cannot participate in the season after you have registered. There are certain unrecoverable costs that AYSO incurs at various times after you register.
To request a refund, you must submit the following information in writing by e-mail, letter, or postcard to Sparks AYSO Registrar, PO Box 51122, Sparks NV 89435. Please note that refund requests will be processed once a month and refunds distributed once a month.
Please be sure the information is legible.
1. Player(s) name:
2. Player(s) birthday:
3. Reason for the refund request:
4. Make refund check payable to:
5. Mail refund check to:
Refunds are issued as follows:
1. Requests received before and on February 25, 2019 will receive a full refund, minus the non-refundable AYSO National player fees and credit card processing fees.
2. Requests received after February 25, 2019 will receive a 50% refund.
3. No refunds will be granted after April 20, 2019.
1. Requests received before and on July 4 will receive a full refund, minus the non-refundable AYSO National player fees and credit card processing fees.
2. Requests received after July 4 will receive a 50% refund.
3. No refunds will be granted after August 25, 2018.
***Refund requests for any players (divisions 16U and 18U) who are chosen for a local High School Team will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Registrations are handled online through Blue Sombrero. Coaches and volunteers using discount cards will be offered an in-person opportunity to register for each upcoming season. Spring registrations are from November 1 to February 25, after which a wait list is formed. Fall registrations are from May 1 to July 4, after which a wait list is formed. The wait lists are formed to allow ordering of uniforms and volunteer recruitment. Registrations are “open” and we will still accept registrations after the registration period, even if that means waiting for a player spot to open up so we can place you from the waitlist. Registrations and team placement during a season shall not have pro-rated registration fees. Players are not charged the registration fee until they are placed on a team.
Matches may be subject to cancellation for reasons not limited to lightning, smoke, closed fields, or safety. Teams have the possibility of being co-ed. Teams without a qualified volunteer coach are subject to having their matches cancelled. We would like to avoid that from happening. Please consider volunteering and getting certified. It takes a lot of dedicated people to make AYSO possible, and volunteers are always needed. If you are interested in participating, send us an email and apply online.